We provide nutrition and dietetic services to healthcare providers such as care homes, hospitals and nursing homes. We have extensive experience of working in this area of the healthcare sector and our expertise includes:
We work alongside medical teams and other healthcare professionals in the care and management of patients within a range of specialities, including coronary care, endocrine, gastroenterology, medicine, surgical, geriatrics and orthopaedics. We:
- Assess nutrition status and advise on the best course of action;
- Provide nutrition plans and monitor their implementation;
- Prescribe oral nutritional supplements if necessary and monitor their use;
- Work to reduce the incidence of malnutrition and improve the nutritional status of patients and residents.
We train doctors and other healthcare professionals, patients/residents and their carers, equipping them with first line skills to:
- Prevent, identify and manage malnutrition
- Nutrition screening tool implementation e.g. MUST
- Manage diabetes on a day-to-day basis
- Understand overweight/obesity, its consequences and first-line management.
Our training topics are not limited to the list above. Find out more about our other training topics.
Good nutrition is the cornerstone of quality care. Care settings are legally required to meet government [Care Quality Commissioners (CQC)] and national hospital food standards for nutrition to ensure their food and beverage services are safe, nutritionally adequate and capable of meeting patients’ nutritional needs. Our robust understanding of the operational requirements and challenges associated with this means we provide expert support and consultancy on:
- Catering tender specification, contract and mobilisation guidance
- Recipe development and nutritional analysis
- Menu planning, development, review and capacity analysis
- Menu coding
- Special diet provision e.g. texture modified meals
- Performance management and compliance audits
- Catering and food service staff training
- Basic nutrition & food service awareness training
- CIEH food hygiene training (Levels 1, 2 and 3)